MDA Annual AwardsThe Michigan Downtown Association is asking for nominations for its third annual MDA Awards. Winners will receive their awards during the MDA's annual Statewide Michigan Downtowns Conference in Holland, November 7-8. 2019. The deadline for award nominations has been extended until Thursday, September 19, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "MDA Award Nominations" in the subject or post-marked letters sent to Michigan Downtown Association, PO Box 3591, North Branch, MI 48461.
There are six award categories. Nominees for categories 1 through 5 must be MDA members and/or from MDA member communities. There is a complete list of MDA members on our web site.
- Best Downtown Economic Development Project Under 1 Million Dollars
- Best Downtown Economic Development Project Over 1 Million Dollars
- Best Promotions & Marketing Project/Program: Small Town Under 10,000 Population
- Best Promotions & Marketing Project/Program: Mid-size and Large Communities Over 10,000 Population
- MDA Volunteer of the Year (a volunteer activity for MDA, not in a community)
- Lifetime Achievement (this person does not have to be an MDA member and can be anyone for any downtown in Michigan)
Complete information and application information can be found here.